3 Inspection Techniques to improve quality assurance in Oil and Gas Industry
Oil and gas industry inspections are a crucial part of the quality assurance process. They can be conducted by internal or external inspectors, and they’re typically performed regularly.
The first step in an oil and gas inspection is to identify what needs to be inspected. This can include equipment like drill pipes, but it also includes things like employee training programs and safety procedures. The next step is to determine which type of inspection will work best for each item being inspected: visual, functional, or performance testing may all be appropriate depending on what you’re looking at. Finally, once all these steps have been completed successfully (and any necessary repairs made), your facility should be ready for another round! And here comes beXel‘s role as one of the leaders in the market to recommend the best 3 Inspection Techniques to improve quality assurance in the Oil and Gas Industry.
How to Prepare for an Oil and Gas Industry Inspection?
Proper preparation can make companies can that follow all regulations and minimize any potential risks associated with their operations, that’s why beXel experts always recommend the following:
- Identify the areas that need to be inspected
- Gather the necessary documents and information
- Train personnel on inspection protocols
What are the Benefits of Quality Assurance in the Oil and Gas Industry?
Quality assurance is an important part of the oil and gas industry. It helps to increase efficiency, improve safety, and reduce costs. Quality assurance also reduces downtime, which can be costly for companies that rely on their equipment to keep the operating day in and day out.
Quality Assurance (QA) is defined as “the planned systematic activities necessary to provide confidence that a product or service will satisfy given requirements for quality.” In other words, it’s about making sure your equipment works properly so you don’t have any accidents or issues with customer satisfaction!
What are the best Inspections Techniques to improve quality assurance in the Oil and Gas Industry?
Thanks to new technologies such as AI-driven analytics and automated systems, inspections in the Oil and Gas industry have become more efficient and accurate than ever before. In this section, we will dive deeper and talk about the best inspection techniques to improve quality assurance in the Oil and Gas industry.
Lifting inspection is essential for ensuring compliance with industry regulations and standards. It also helps to prevent accidents caused by faulty or damaged lifting equipment which could lead to costly repairs or even fatalities. This type of inspection involves lifting equipment such as cranes, hoists, and other lifting devices for any signs of wear or damage to ensure that the equipment is in good condition and can be used safely.
Benefits of Lifting inspection:
- Improves the safety and reliability of lifting operations
- Reduces the risk of accidents
- Extends the lifespan of the equipment.
- Reduces maintenance costs
- Improves productivity by ensuring that all parts are functioning correctly
- Provides valuable insights into how the equipment is being used
The NDT stands for Non-Destructive Testing, which is a combination of different examination techniques, that can be used separately or composed to examine different materials, components, or parts which allows the examiners to understand and collect information without causing any permanent destruction by using non-invasive techniques such as ultrasound, radiography, or magnetic particle testing. The NDT inspection helps companies save time and money by avoiding costly repairs or replacements down the line.
Benefits of NDT inspection:
- Provides a safe and cost-effective way to inspect and monitor equipment.
- Detects flaws, corrosion, cracks, fatigue, or other defects that can affect the integrity of a structure
- Identifies potential problems before they become critical
Tubular inspection is an important test in the Oil and Gas industry. It uses a variety of methods and new technologies to examine metallic tubes for anomalies like corrosion and manufacturing flaws. Also, equipment like boilers and heat exchangers contain tubing.
Benefits of Tubular Inspection:
- It does not damage the object being inspected.
- Less time-consuming and expensive than other methods of inspection
- Inspect objects that are difficult to reach or dangerous
How did beXel improve the best inspection techniques in the Oil and gas Industry?
At beXel we always seek to provide the best solution for your business needs. That’s why we make sure our inspection software systems are up-to-date with the latest technologies to cope with the massive development in the Oil and Gas industry. All of the inspections solutions provided by beXel you can:
- Build your forms and control the inspection requests, notification alerts, etc…
- Keep track of all the actions that happen from the audit log
- Extract QR Code validation which you can either print as a hard copy or direct the user to a portal to verify the certificate
- Integrate it with any operational cycle your company has
- Give access to the portal/dashboard so your client can see the needed information and reports
By all means, these are our recommendations for the best inspection techniques to improve quality assurance in the oil and gas industry. No matter your business needs, we at beXel have got you covered! Book your own demo now and make sure you subscribe to receive our newest updates from our blog.